DIY Trail Mix
This is one of my real food favorites. Nuts are full of healthy fats but they are also high in calories so less is more. I find it easy to portion out the trail mix into individual baggies ahead of time to grab as a quick snack that I can toss in my purse for when my day gets away from me!
- 1 cup shelled walnuts or whole cashews (salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup almonds or shelled pistachios (salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup dried cherries, pineapple or raisins (any dried fruits can be used, but some have more sugar)
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds (salted or unsalted)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips