Full Disclosure: One of the ways I make money on this website is by using "affiliate links." All this means is that if you click on a link in this post, I may earn a small commission if you purchase something after clicking. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and it keeps Consult Colleen up and running. Most importantly, I only link to products and services that I truly trust and believe in. Thanks for your support!
I made this dish on my YouTube Channel this week so if you are looking for the recipe, you found it! For those of you who haven’t seen this episode, you can watch it below or go to my YouTube channel, Cooking with Consult Colleen and see this recipe plus many others. Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!
Roasted butternut squash and broccoli are two of my favorite vegetables. They are full of vitamins and minerals and easy to prepare. I put this together is a very short time with minimal effort and there is enough to save for leftovers. I typically cook these veggies in double batches so that I can cook once and reheat them during the week for quick meals after work. This veggie pair is good with almost any protein you can think of!
Roasted Butternut Squash and Brocolli
- 4 cups brocolli
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Oil your sheet pan with a little avocado oil
- Mix your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a whisk or fork
- Add your wet ingredients and blend them together
- Add your butternut squash and your broccoli and mix until the vegetables are coated
- Pour the butternut squash and the broccoli onto the prepared sheet pan. Be sure to spread the vegetables out on the pan so that they cook evenly
- Roast in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until butternut squash is easily pierced with a fork
- Serve immediately alongside your favorite protein