Full Disclosure: One of the ways I make money on this website is by using “affiliate links.” All this means is that if you click on a link in this post, I may earn a small commission if you purchase something after clicking. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it keeps Consult Colleen up and running. Most importantly, I only link to products and services that I truly trust and believe in. Thanks for your support!
Butternut Squash Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 sliced carrots
- 2.5 cups dry lentils
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Fresh basil, sprinkled as a garnish Red pepper flakes. For more spice, add to individual bowls.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and saute onions, garlic, and celery for about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook; the vegetables should stay a little firm so they maintain more of their nutrients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Leftovers are GREAT!!!
This information is being provided to you for educational and informational purposes only. It is being provided to you to educate you about general breast cancer information and as a self-help tool for your own use. It is not a substitute for professional, medical advice. This information is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgment. For my full Disclaimer, please go to ConsultColleen.com