Full Disclosure: One of the ways I make money on this website is by using "affiliate links." All this means is that if you click on a link in this post, I may earn a small commission if you purchase something after clicking. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and it keeps Consult Colleen up and running. Most importantly, I only link to products and services that I truly trust and believe in. Thanks for your support!
Butternut Squash Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 sliced carrots
- 2.5 cups dry lentils
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Fresh basil, sprinkled as a garnish Red pepper flakes. For more spice, add to individual bowls.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and saute onions, garlic, and celery for about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook; the vegetables should stay a little firm so they maintain more of their nutrients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Leftovers are GREAT!!!